wanna work with me (NC)?

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 16:43:43 PST

If you think you could tolerate this hyperactive cluttered nerd (me) all
day, maybe you should apply for the job!

I got the official unofficial word today that we're hiring a 3rd art teacher
at our school and I wanted to pass it along to all of you out there in
artsednet land. The position is not posted and hardly anyone knows.

I teach at a technology magnet high school in Raleigh, NC- check out the
school at http://srhs.net. We're in Wake County which is the capital county
and almost within walking distance of several colleges and universities,
over 20 galleries, and our state art museum. More info about the county at:
http://www.wcpss.net/employment.html.

The position would be art/computer graphics. Because we're a tech magnet,
the applicant would need to be fairly proficient with the computer. We have
a dream computer graphics lab with 1:1 student/computer ratio. 20 work
stations with waccom tablets, Adobe PhotoShop 6.0, Illustrator, Painter
Classic, 2 scanners, color printer, and a copier. The art room (I'm hoping
with the 3rd position they'll give us the old art room back) has lots of
storage, sinks, printing press, and a kiln. It's a young art program with
lots of room to grow.

Like I said, this is not an official job posting but if you're interested,
let me know and I'll give you more info and tell you who to contact. Mich