Re: Brushes Again

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 07:53:43 PST

Gail1611@aol.com wrote:

> I really do need help with what kind of brushes to buy!! The paint peels off
> of them, the brush part falls out. Maybe what I need is some ideas on how to
> keep them from being ruined. My kids just don't seem to get it . They put
> them in upside down, leave paint on them. Now I should say many kids do take
> care of them, but there are always the other kids in a hurry.

Gail,

We've discussed tactics for this in the past. I've always advocated
giving students temporary ownership of their brushes so they have a
vested interest in keeping it clean. Since I only teach one section of
the 2D class in which we paint, they can actually hang onto their
brushes in their classroom lockers. If you must use the brushes in more
than one class, perhaps numbering each brush and assigning each student
that number would help. Have the students lay the cleaned brushes in a
soda flat so you don't end up with upside down ones.

Maggie

---