Did you have art class after school ?

---------

From: Rebecca Pan (rebapan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 06:58:00 PST

 Dear All in arttalk ,

  I am an elementary school teacher in Taiwan,
  and I am so much interested in the kid's program after school.
  In Taiwan, we do have art cramming school, parents can send their
   kids to that private institute to learn more about Art !
   And I found out there is one art cramming school, they are using DBAE
   for instruction. This is a very interesting stuff, cause in school, we
  ignore art leasson since we have heavy workload in dealing with
   school subjects, and art seems somhat we don't care too much at school,
   teachers also don't pay too much attention to it....However, outside the school system,
   Some parents they are willing to send their kids to this kind of cramming school,
    and just learn how to make art ! Especially they are using DBAE, that supposed
    to be used in school program.....and I doubt, do your country have this kind of institute?
    If your kids want to learn much about art after school , what can you do?
    Where will you send them to ?
    This is my question, hope someone could answer this ! Thanks a lot !

                                     Sincerely, Rebecca

---