Re: Matting Art Work

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 06:38:55 PST

In a message dated 03/03/2002 2:19:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lhalstead@ccsd.carroll.k12.ia.us writes:

> Do you tape down all sides of the artwork to the matt or only the top?
> I've seen it done both ways and wondered if any had particular reasons for
> one way or another.

I tape on all sides so that when stacked they don't rip each other and I feel
it makes it look better. I leave a space between the corners and don't tape
completely or else it will wrinkle when humidity chages the size of the work.

Ken Schwab

---