Re: Art Shows/Glue Gun - Mark

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 19:55:31 PST

Bu the time I had the last dozen or so pieces of artwork up with hotmelt
last spring, and the custodians had already approached the principal with
their concerns. I go by the philosophy that it's easier to ask for
forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. As it turned out, Butter
knives and pallet knives work best. There were only three or four nickel
sized patches of paint that lifted off the wall when I had struck the show,
and I asked the custodian for a can of his touch up paint. It took me just
10 minutes to touch it up with the wall paint-including washing out the
brush-a lot less time than it would have taken to deal with making and
removing all those stupid little taperolls. Hotmelt saved me hours and hours
of time. My custodian was very pleased. I will warn you, however, that
hotmelt tends to cause more damage to painted drywall and painted plaster or
masonry that is not in good shape. Don't know about Velcro, but it sounds
like it would work.

Mark