Matting Art Work

---------

From: Laurel (lhalstead_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 14:04:54 PST

Hi,
One of those dumb questions has been rolling around in my head again.
So here goes:
Our middle school is attempting a school art show for this spring (hasn't
been one in many, many years) and I was going to get a head start on
getting items ready for display. When I hang current artwork in the
hallways I just tack them up on the corkboard strips. However, for the
show, I want to matt the work - simply- with colored tagboard.
My question (finally) is:
Do you tape down all sides of the artwork to the matt or only the top?
I've seen it done both ways and wondered if any had particular reasons for
one way or another.
Thanks so much,
Laurel
CMS ART
ps: I'm working hard on getting my web-page up and running, should be able
to let you all see it soon!

---