bullying/teasing/putting down/intolerance

---------

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 13:25:11 PST

These behaviors are the status quo at my school, sometimes worse than
other times. I feel much of it is supported by the home environment. We
give admonitions and then if it persists send to office with a referral.
But in general we put up with a lot and I feel that the administration
would consider it a nuisance if we sent a student immediately upon
hearing an insult. It's hard to fight the battle alone. I guess the
victims are expected to toughen up. What a way to live.

Nora

---