Re: LINES AND DIRECTION

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 12:27:35 PST

I shared this lesson last year(???) and am currently doing it now with my
6th graders - it is easily adaptable to other levels. I require the students
to create at least 5 different line directions, and this year we
experimented with line thickness by twisting 2-3 crepe paper streamers
together. I have 3 students who are on their 2nd mask and 1 on her 3rd! It
is one of those right-of-passage projects now in my school! :-)
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/sixth/masks.html
Let me know if you have further questions, or if you come up with a fun
twist on the lesson (mini-haha!)
~Michal