FAA (future architects of America)

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 11:38:07 PST

Something else you all might enjoy.
My eighth graders did this model of our new school -before it is even finished.
I have the students chose world architecture to create models from, but they cannot choose something that another group is doing. This group was in my last hour class and couldn't find something "cool" that wasn't taken. They decided to do the new construction. They spent hours looking at the blueprints in the office.
Once completed, from aluminum, rivets and a multitude of other materials...they presented it to the school board.
The architects actually came, and were quite impressed. They said they usually get between 10 and 15 thousand for these models...
 http://www.scsd2.k12.in.us/whems/faa_(future_architects_of_america).htm

---