Re: Brushes Again

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 08:43:55 PST

Dear Gail and ArtsEdNetters,

I just bought some brushes for my elementary school that I think I'm going
to like very much.

http://www.mollyhawkins.com/bigkids.htm

They have taklon bristles and acrylic handles. I have always thought that
watercolor brushes were too soft for tempera and bristles brushes were too
coarse. These seem to have good spring and a sharp stroke. Tomorrow my
classes are going to use the flats to paint the Olympic pictograms, so I can
give you a better report then. We used the rounds this week and the kids
really seemed to like them. My only problem--I think I'm going to want
classroom sets in a number of sizes. I have been cleaning them with extra
care. They seem to clean easily with soap and water--tempera paint is so
sticky.

The other day I found in WalMart's craft department "Westwater 4 Kids" 5
piece brush assortment for $3.49--3 rounds: 000, 1 and 5 and 2 flats: 4 and
5/8. They look very similar to the Big Kids Choice brushes and I wanted
more flats for my pictograms project.

Marcia, Derby, KS