Re: Brushes Again

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 08:22:54 PST

I buy the Crayola classpack and that is all I put out for the year for my
lower level art classes (high school/middle school). I use these at the
grade school as well and those brushes have lasted 8 years - I have to
replace the ms/hs ones yearly. I got tired of stressing over them - if they
want to use nasty brushes then they can. I do buy better quality ones for my
Art 3's & 4's that they can keep with them and protect (kind of a
right-of-passage type thing). I tried distributing brushes to each student
but some would lose theirs and then swipe brushes from the other class. Now
I don't worry about them (I do buy that brush stuff and soak them at the end
of the year and am able to salvage many). I like the Crayola because they
have plastic handles and after you use them for abit then they don't loose
any more hairs (they tend to shed quite abit at the beginning). These are
NOT the brushes that come with the watercolor sets - I use those for
varnishing so I don't have to wash them out (me being lazy! *L*)
~Michal