Re: webpage loss....

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 04:51:36 PST

> Why they don't let you handle the web site is beyond me. Whenever this
point
> comes up my response is if they trust the teacher with kids how can they
not
> trust a teacher to post web pages?

I agree...I had to really push to get the "password" to update my web pages
on our school site. For one whole year they wouldn't let me...telling me
they were setting up a special site for teachers to create and update their
own web pages. Well...that fell through, so they finally gave me the
password...and I do my own pages...that is, when I get around to it.

One of the reasons they would not give out the password to teachers...is
because one teacher gave the web site to her student, allowing this student
to work on the teacher's web pages...and the student deleted a LARGE section
of the web page by mistake. So...

Now we have a class at our hs that does the school web pages...and the only
thing the teacher has to do, is to give them the information. The students
create the pages, and I think the teacher has the password to update the
pages.

I can see how 'students creating web pages' would be all right for other
teachers...but not for art teachers who have their own ideas about how they
want their pages to look.

Carolyn

---