Re: my webpage loss....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 21:59:08 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Olejarz2@aol.com
> Why they don't let you handle the web site is beyond me. Whenever this point
> comes up my response is if they trust the teacher with kids how can they not
> trust a teacher to post web pages? Where can the most harm be done? To a web
> site or a child????

Took the words right out of my mouth! Doesn't do any good to
complain...that's our district policy. Personally? I think it's a powerplay
anyway. Besides...I also post things on "schoolnotes.com" every week all by
my lonesome and NO ONE ever checks THAT!!!

> I keep a copy of my web site on my hard drive and then there is the one on
> the server. The server should be backed up so that should be at least three
> copies. Woody's suggestion to burn it on a CD every now and then is good
> advice. > Harold

I agree also except I have no access to a burner nor does our school have
one. I have some things on disks and I have everything saved in pieces on my
hardrive here at home but I do not have everything saved together as one web
site. How do you do that? I used CLARIS HOME PAGE 3.0 for all my pages. It's
not like I'm going to have to go all the way back to square one.

Lin...I'll check Monday to see if the district has a backup system in place.
I'm guessing no because I don't think our tech wizards are all that savvy
anyway.

Thanks for everyone's sympathy, concern, and advice. A rather sad
toodles....Bunki

---