Re: LINES AND DIRECTION...a lesson

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 21:44:50 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Kathleen Shilson" <kshilson@unitelc.com>
> Unbelievable you can get this done.. in my seventh grade.. the students are
> like rabbits they can't sit still long enough for my initial "set".. "I'm
> bored" or "just tell us what you want us to do" is the response after a
> couple of minutes talking to them..> Wayne S
************

Really? You think this is too tight for them? I must explain to you that the
kids are doing MOST of the talking during the discussion while busily taking
notes. They don't have TIME to get bored or antsy. The whole
lesson/discussion is entirely interactive. They are making all kinds of
lines and drawings while copying all my notes on the overhead. They are also
drawing ribbon examples. They are NOT sitting still listening to a boring
art history lesson. I finish this in enough time for them to start their
projects the same period. Time goes pretty fast with this lesson. Their
drawings generally take about a week for them to complete.

Toodles....Bunki

---