Re: Trashing art

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 17:48:35 PST

Nickelodeon has a reputation for going for shock value. Did you ever see Ren
& Stimpy? Although rather tame compared to some of the other cartoons out
there today, when it first came out I found it rather offensive. For some
reason, this company does not seem to feel any responsibility towards
morality. I strongly believe that if we continue to look the other way,
lower our standards, or other such behavior then our society will continue
what seems to be a downward spiral with it's ever increasing violence, drug
usage, lower morality, etc. That's my 2cents. :-)
~Michal

> Overall, the only major problem that I have with the animation is its
title
> - trash art. This is suggesting that all these acts are intentional rather
> than unawares interactions and thus being used as an educational tool.
Maybe