Re: Prejudice students

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 16:48:34 PST

on 2/3/02 12:55 PM, Walter Krueger at wkrueger@teleport.com wrote:

> Our school has a "no harassment policy" -- period. The first person
> that tries to harass another student is in front of the principal and
> parents. You need to take an aggressive stand. Get the
> administrators involved. ASAP!
>
> Not only because "recently" we have seen how "picked-on" students can
> suddenly go ballistic and threaten the safety of everybody, but also,
> it is simply the right thing to do.
>
> Bullying, harrassing, picking-on, must simply *not* be tolerated.

Totally agree. One of the most successful strategies to putting a stop to
harassment is by reporting - even as adults that is how we stop it by
reporting to the authorities.

There are some brilliant UK sights on this issue. Found heaps last years as
we were rewriting our school anti-harrassment policy.

Justin in the tropics

---