African art

---------

From: MaryCarol Hopkins (Hopkins_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 16:37:42 PST

Dear Art Educator,

Teresa Preston (jeweler) and MaryCarol Hopkins (anthropologist) are taking a
small group of artists and art teachers to study traditional techniques of
bronzecasting, pottery, dyeing, beadmaking, weaving, etc., in Kumasi, Ghana,
the capital of the Ashanti kingdom. We will stay in a modern hotel, but will
working in rural villages with local traditional artists and with some Ghanaian
university faculty. Dates will be three weeks, mid July to early August.
Participants should be adventurous, traveled, and in excellent health. I'm
attaching a little further information, but applicants can contact MaryCarol
directly at <hopkins@nku.edu> or Teresa at <preston@hutchcc.edu>.

---