I have had to deal with a lot of clay issues recently
dealing with Health and Safety issues , most
particularily with clay dust. There may be several
reasons for the "smell". Have you ever know soil
(clay) not to smell. Clay does develop moulds which
take on a smell of their own. I would be careful here
there may be students who are sensitive to moulds and
this can trigger respiratory problems. It is not
worth the rish of keeping it around. I have also in
the past tried to keep used clay in a rubber garabage
bin keeping it moist and reclying it. This after a
while, especially if you have let it set around for
awhile ( during a school break) can take on quite a
smell. Clay that has been used aborbs moisture from
hands and skin and can develop bacteria and who knows
what else. To me anything that smells is not worth
keeping around. To be safe "Get Rid of It"!!
--- Susan Holland
> I'm sure this has been covered before, but is there
> anything to do about
> particularly smelly clay?
> Susan Holland
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Sports - sign up for Fantasy Baseball