RE:Troubled student

---------

From: Michele Bernstein (journaler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 08:09:26 PST

Hi Marilyn,
Dedicating work done to this student's father is a good idea if that helps,
another would be to have him start an art/journal to help him express what
must be terrribly overwhelming feelings in a safe comforting place. If he
could incorportate his art projects in this journal in some way it might be
helpful. It all may be too new, and he may be too raw with fear, anger and
other emotion to do much right now, but as we all know art and writing can
really help.

Michele

From: "Foell, Marlyn@RHS" <FoellM@brevard.k12.fl.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:08:28 -0500

Perhaps suggesting that the student "dedicate" all the work from here on to
the father to help give the father strength to fight his cancer. The parent
would love getting the work, and having a reason to do it might encourage
the student to create something meaningful. AND I'd be generous in my
grading.

Marlyn Foell
Art Dept.
RHS--Contributing Excellence to Our Community

---