Re: nickelodeon

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 06:50:10 PST

Oooohh, not in my classroom! If a joke is truly funny then the student can
insert "Mrs.Austin" instead of blonde, jock, redneck, etc. I tell my
students this and usually they won't tell the joke. I give 60 minutes
detention for any mean comment directed at someone in my classroom (this
includes their artwork). I'm very laid back as well, and I love a "busy"
classroom where students are actively involved in their learning, but
mean-ness in any form just won't cut it in my room. I missed the substitute
teacher game - I have never been overly impressed with Nickelodeon to begin
with - seems they've made their reputation on the disgusting.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

 if the stuff on the nick site is ok, is