Re: observation blues

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 20:31:19 PST

I wouldn't stress too much (easier said than done!) until you see the
written form and go over it with your principal. I've been teaching 8 years
and I've gotten good commendations for my awesome vocabulary words (not
mine, just left up on the board from the prior teacher), berated for the
noise level (too high, students can't concentrate), berated for the noise
level (too quiet, students should relax and be creative), my room is too
messy, too neat, not all my kinders were able to successfully accomplish the
cutting lesson (well duh, that is why we cut EVERY day for 6 months cause
they can't and need practice), lessons too seasonal, need to be doing more
seasonal, etc, etc, etc. The only time I have really felt like I've been
evaluated fairly is when the administrator made suggestions on things I
could try differently. Most times they just don't seem to get it *sigh*. Ask
for suggestions on specific areas and show that you truly want to improve
your teaching skills. It's tough to sit there and know that it wasn't one of
your better days - maybe they would be willing to come in again? Good luck!
:-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids