Re: observation blues

---------

From: Doris Wilbur (wilburd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 18:36:09 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sears, Ellen" <ESears@Anchorage.k12.ky.us>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 6:06 PM
Subject: RE: observation blues

> > principal walked by me later that day and said "tough break". ooooh.
> >

> I had an observation today and my 6th grade autistic boy came without his
aide! He bacame quite agitated right at the beginning of my class and was
making loud crying noises and jumping around. Since I had be almost knocked
out by another autistic boy before (even though he usually hugged me) I kept
my distance. The aide soon arrived but the rough beginning made it difficult
for me to relax and do my best job. Sure hope the principal is
understanding. I'm a new teacher too and not real confortable with these
observations that go on for 45 minutes. Yours was probably better than you
think....be positive. I'll try to be too. Doris

---