RE: observation blues

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 15:06:49 PST

> principal walked by me later that day and said "tough break". ooooh.

Well - it was a tough break, but in the sense that what you wanted to do
didn't turn out - not that it wasn't a learning experience for you and the
kids - and be prepared to talk about it. It is more important that you can
analyze and reflect on the lesson, isn't it? Maybe initiate that discussion
yourself.

Gosh - who hasn't had something flop or not hit the mark? Sure - it would
have been great if it had turned out - but do for yourself with this
experience what you wanted the kids to do too - your words:

 I encouraged them to continue exploring what they COULD do with the
board...I lost them. I tried wider scratching sticks, encouraging students
to draw larger...no go. Once they realized that they couldnt erase it was
over. We then discussed the "happy" mistake, how it could be changed into
something else, something special.

        What can you do with the lesson? How can you use it?

        Easy for me to say, huh?
        Ellen

---