Re: Using art as discipline. (fwd)

---------

From: Laura Carey (carey_l_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 01:57:37 PST

Most of my students do the same, but there are those teachers...UGH. But as
for making it up, because of field trips, delays, etc.- my rule has to be no
way. It simply does not happen with my schedule (I am at different buildings
on different days and they are pretty full) Re-sheduling does not usually
work for all and then I get the those who complain that I made it work for
one, but not for them..so what prep time I do have, I save for myself to
rearrange if I have a meeting or something that I have to go to.
I know that probably sounds stand offish, but I have learned that some people
never grow up! LOL
Laura

linda wrote:

> None of the teachers in my school ever want to deny art to the kids
> because the kids get so obnoxious about having to miss art! They really
> put up a fuss. I hardly ever have that problem. Most field trips are
> scheduled around art, butif they miss art, I am expected (and want) to
> make up the time at some other period during the week.

---