living artists.....more!

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 04:12:30 PST

Book illustrators:
Diane Stanley

Artists:
The Art Guys (look up their website!!)

Art Car creators...Look up the art car museum in Houston. The art car
parade here in April is a fiesta for the eyes! People drive here from all
over the United States with their prized auto-shrines. I wish you all
could see this some year. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Fabulous
folk art.

Another treasure trove for elements and principles examples are the
annuals that advertisers publish in...those big thick books that have
nothing but primo advertising samples in them from hundreds of
illustrators. There is also an annual for children's book illustrations.
I have a parent who is an advertiser. He gives me his old ones! I have
them pasted on cabinets all over my room for kids to look at. The
advertising people are SOOO clever!

---