mosaics/ceramics

---------

From: felsecker1 (felsecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 23:21:12 PST

Has anyone tried to combine clay building with mosaics? Is it possible to build a clay vase, for example, and adhere mosaic pieces to the surface, creating a pattern or design as you go? I'm thinking you could just press the mosaics into the wet surface of the clay and (after drying out) the whole piece could go into the kiln and come out fine....maybe. Maybe the mosaic pieces would fall off while the vase was drying??
ANY SUGGESTIONS OR WORDS OF WISDOM?
BF

---