Know the Artist - Jim McNeill

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 11:02:47 PST

Just wanted to let you folks know how much fun I am having getting to know
Jim McNeill - of Tessellation video fame and Crystal Productions- "Escher
Bowl"...and a new book written by Pam Stephens (I am looking to receive my
copy soon). Jim was my choice for a "Living Artist".

This is my nearly complete Web page for Jim McNeill (I still need to add my
"Key Moments in Life"...but I didn't want to get too far ahead of my
kiddles.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/mcneill.htm

I have it linked from: http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/tessellat.htm

Which is linked from: http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/mathsci.htm

I will be using the page soon with my sixth grade students...so I hope my
Art Techies get caught up so I can post the finished version of it on my
school server.

I have links to lesson plans/student art on the McNeill page (Woody's,
Bunki's, Sharon's, Donald's and one from the NTIEVA). Let me know if anyone
else has Tessellation art on your Web sites.

Thanks!

Judy Decker

---