Re: Ann-on-y-mouse's website and paper quilling....

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 10:59:28 PST

Hi Bunki,

        Thank you for the tribute! Will be happy to send info on paper
quilling project. Here is a simple starter:
        This is a project I do with fifth graders.
        We talk about art works that focus on filigree design.
        We use strips of white and colored corrugated paper.
        We use two to three 8"square layers of heavy box cardboard taped
together=quilling boards, one per student. Can save these and use over
again.
        We use newsprint and markers for planning outline and wax paper to
        cover design, which is taped to quilling board.
        We use LOTS of straight pins to hold work in place before glueing.
        We use Elmer's Glue-All to join the "walls" of paper where they touch.
        Allow 1-2 days for glue to dry thoroughly. Pull out pins and gently
        lift work off wax paper. They are beautiful hung in the open, too.
        This project takes at least a month. The kids really learn what
        patience means, but they are proud of the results.
Will get more details to you this coming week. I'm off to the YMCA to
"sculpt" my old body into shape. :-)

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

 but the most impressive is the
|paper quilling you've done. I have a paper shredder I "borrowed" from my mom
|which is now in my classroom with the idea of using it for paper quilling.
|However, I've never done that sort of thing and would simply ADORE learning
|more.

---