Another nasty virus is on the loose.

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 08:58:32 PST

This warning came from our "tech guy"....Since we had similar subject lines
mentioned on this list (pre-teen pics)--I thought I should warn you to
delete the e-mail without even opening--There is no image attached--just a
the nasty worm virus. I edited out some of his warning e-mail --but the gist
is shown below:

VBS/Cindy.Worm Outlook e-mail worm
(also known as VBS/VBSWG-V)

VBS/Cindy.Worm

Cindy is a new e-mail worm. The worm replicates
using Microsoft Outlook on systems with Windows
Scripting Host (WSH) installed and through
Internet Relay Chat. Computer Associates has
received several client reports. This is an
Outlook email worm generated with VBSWG 1.5.

The worm arrives as an e-mail with the subject
line:

Check out this preteen pic!!

The message body starts with:

"Hey here is a great preteen pic."

and contains additional pornographic text.

The mail attachment named "Cindy12yr.vbs" is
the worm itself HKCU\software\Cindy\mailed
HKCU\software\Cindy\mirqued
HKCU\software\Cindy\pirched
An error message "Error Decompressing JPEG
Picture" is displayed to hide the worm's
activity.

The worm contains the following comment inside
the encrypted body:

'Vbs.Cindy Created By PROMETHEUS

---