Re: oil pastels and baby oil???

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 06:55:09 PST

Just a quick thought on this topic,

        Maybe you can gently iron the work between sheets of newsprint or
other absorbent materials to remove the oil residue. I used to do this to
remove batik wax. Your lesson ideas on oil pastels with Impressionism theme
are great. Will try them out soon. Thank you! One more
thought...several years ago I used linseed oil with oil pastels to create
translucent paper shadow puppet screens. We also used this technique with
pieces of colored construction paper and oaktag for props and puppets.

        from Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

|I used heavy weight (130?) student grade water color paper. But of course it
|still soaked through. The pieces were beautiful though!!!

---