anger management

---------

From: wendy sauls (wsauls_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 05:08:38 PST

hi all,

paulette, i am so sorry this happened to you. i send you a big hug of
support. i hope you have done some things for yourself to feel better -
long soaks in the tub, chocolates, fresh flowers, whatever you like. you
certainly deserve it and need it. while i agree with everyone that the
child in question must have severe problems to behave like this, and i
regret whatever has happened to make them this way, in situations like this
it often seems like the teacher is forgotten. in my opinion that child
should be immediately removed from the classroom and put into a situation
with people specifically trained and able to meet her needs. teachers do
not deserve to be forced to deal with children like this, put into
dangerous and extremely stressful situations they have neither the
resources, time, background, or experience to deal with effectively. the
other students do not deserve it, either. i have found being a member of
the teacher's union affords me a little more protection against this type of
abuse. i hope with all my heart, paulette, that your situation improves.

wendy

---