Re: copyright question

---------

From: S Krause (frostyoranges_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 19:29:12 PST

In today's over-logoed world, it wouldn't be reasonable for this to be
construed in any way as a copyright/trademark infringement. If so - we'd be
in trouble! We'd have to start peeling the logos off all our clothes,
backpacks, etc. before we took photographs or drew portraits. An impossible
dream (really - spend a couple of minutes just looking around whatever room
you're in right now on a logo hunt, from the anti-glare monitor to your
computer to your sneakers to...they're everywhere...we don't even see them
anymore)! I'd agree that this has nothing to do with the Rangers and
everything to do with the boys.
Stephanie

> This came up in a conversation with a friend. Her sister took a really
good
> photograph of her two boys, that a friend used to create a wonderful
sketch.
> They would like to make postcards or note cards to sell. The problem is
the
> original photograph was at a Ranger game and the younger boy has a ranger
> logo on his cap and the sleeve of his shirt. They would not be marketing
> this as a "Ranger" item. Actually the logo is so small I thought it was a
> Texas Tech logo. So opinions is this a copyright or trademark issue or
not?

---