RE: Pre-Art Educators Advice Sought

---------

From: Lea, Robin (rlea_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 07:42:26 PST

Robert,
        In our local paper this morning,(Raleigh, nc), there was an article
about a survey that measured teacher's use of the internet. I wouldn't
quote exactly what they said but it was something like this: 20% of
teachers use the net 30 minutes a day or more, (math and science teachers
scored the lowest use time). When teachers used the net they used is like
library resources, looking up things. The article was making the point that
the library of a school could serve this purpose and that the net should be
used more for lesson planning and talking to other teachers. When I read
this article I had to laugh. We all know how much we use this list and how
often we get info, help, and lesson plans. I guess art teachers were not
included in the poll, or maybe they were the 20 % using the net to their
advantage!
Robin