making mylar balloons

---------

From: Sarai KosterMockeridge (SKosterMockeridge.MIDD_PO.CVILLE_DOMAIN_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 04:57:57 PST

Hi all,
The science teacher and I are having students create a ocean biosphere inside a large air filled balloon (large enough for 20 kids to stand inside!). We want to have the different ocean creatures suspended in the balloon. I was thinking that we could make patterns for each creature, cut the pattern out of Mylar and fill it with helium so they would float. Has anyone worked with Mylar? how do you seal the edges? any tips or techniques including cheap sources for supplies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Sarai

---