budget

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 17:09:22 PST

I know that this is a touchy subject but would like some feedback on what
large districts do to support art classes. I am in a large district in
Texas, 5A school, one high school, 5 art teachers. We have 30 students in
each class, six periods a day. We get a total of $8000 dollars for
instructional budget and $1500 for capitol outlay. How does this compare
to your district of similiar size.

Do you have any type of art fee for students, do you allow students to
just take anything they may create with school funds or do you charge them
to take things, such as pottery/ceramic pieces?

What upsets me, I have to have budget turned in by April 17th, we will not
know till end of April who will teach what class, how many advanced
classes make, etc. I usually order just something to get started with
then what till I have all the final class loads. Being department head is
really stress sometimes.

I have been approved to attend next years NAEA but can not stay the whole
time due to running into another week.

Jackie

austart@bryanisd.org
jab1997@bryanisd.org