Re: Where's your studio?

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 15:42:21 PST

OK- I had to speak up even though I don't have a studio yet. I haven't done
oil painting since I was in college 4 years ago because we've been renting a
small apartment. I can't work in my classroom because I'm constantly
distracted. I've been doing watercolors and ink at the kitchen table but I
so desperately miss larger paintings. And oils- oh, I even miss the smell!
Just last week, we signed a contract for a house that has a third floor
where one room is finished and the other unfinished room will become my
studio. One window with lots of light- facing the north- and tons of
shelving and racks because the former owners used it to store clothes. I'm
so excited! I'd love to hear any tips/suggestions from people who have set
up a painting studio away from a sink in their home.

Michelle H. Harrell
michelle_h_harrell@hotmail.com
Southeast Raleigh High School
Center for Accelerated Studies