Copyright question

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 12:59:47 PST

This came up in a conversation with a friend. Her sister took a really good
photograph of her two boys, that a friend used to create a wonderful sketch.
They would like to make postcards or note cards to sell. The problem is the
original photograph was at a Ranger game and the younger boy has a ranger
logo on his cap and the sleeve of his shirt. They would not be marketing
this as a “Ranger” item. Actually the logo is so small I thought it was a
Texas Tech logo. So opinions is this a copyright or trademark issue or not?

Kimberly Herbert ( kimberly@wcc.net <mailto:kimberly@wcc.net> )
CAM Administrator