Primary ecology lessons`

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 18:53:53 PST

Hi all you helpful people,
Does anyone have any ideas for lessons related to ecology for first graders?
I recently read them two books (with different lessons) that had an ecology
emphasis -- The Great Kapok Tree and One Less Fish. They seemed very
sensitive to the fact that we need to take care of the planet. I thought
I'd have them carry this one step further since Earth Day is coming up, but
other than use recycled items to create work I'm kind of at a loss. Any
ideas?
Thanks very much (oh, by the way, your advice for me about how to improve my
4th graders' watercolor landscapes was much appreciated and is now being put
into action with great results. Thanks for that too!)
Liz in rural NY

---