Re: Where's your studio?

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 06:50:08 PST

I have an unattached building on our property for part of my studio and an
attached garage where we glaze and do the firings. When my children were
younger, I used to have only the attached garage and it was harder to
really focus and not get distracted by housework, telephone calls or
whatever. Since moving the "making" part of process to a separate
building, I find I can mentally separate myself from the house stuff
better. Also the house phone doesn't ring out there either, although I do
take my cell phone which is also my business phone. Amazing what walking
100 feet or so can do the mind...

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert
 \|/ | mishlowe@amug.org
 -O- | | Mishy@desertdragonpottery.com
 /|\ | | |
       |_|_| www.amug.org/~mishlowe