Re: Where's your studio?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 04:54:45 PST

I had a wonderful small attached gallery/studio in the last home I owned,
the backyard and house long deck overlooking a large pond active with
wildlife. A highway in front providing constant traffic. When I moved to
this small northern logging community, we were lucky to find something to
rent, and won't think about buying or building 'till tenured. We are lucky
to be renting an old farm house, but we still have boxes everywhere lining
the hallway upstairs. One room is filled with my music stuff, (as I am a
musician that plays out as well). The other my art. Most of my art works
are packaged up and lined up along walls upstairs. About 30 pieces are
currently in galleries, and about a dozen pieces in my classroom. My studio
has been for the most part outdoors, painting on location.

Our hope, being now empty nesters, is to buy or build a small 30' x 40' type
one floor cabin, with one room filled with loft bunks for family visitors
one master bedroom, a bath and open dining/living room. Who needs a large
house which takes all your time up cleaning? Then, I'd like to build a 3-4
stall sized garage-like structure behind the house to heat with an outdoor
woodstove with underfloor waterpiping, and build it into a place for my
music and art. Right now...everything is somewhat chaotic. Just imagine
what kind of space and organization being an artist AND a musician demands!
Poor wife....(married 24 years now) ugh.....
-Larry
http://lseiler.artistnation.com

---