Re: Where's your studio?

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 03:10:36 PST

In a message dated 03/27/2001 1:04:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
softsnow@hotmail.com writes:

> I'm curious as to where you have most of your personal art stuff. At home or
> in your classroom?
>
> I ask this as we received a new foster child last night (18 month old
> little
> girl) and as we all ready have a foster boy, needed another room. So there
> went my studio space. Had to move everything to school.

Donald....I'm a registered foster parent, too! Haven't taken a child in a
couple of years, however, when I did I had to child-proof the house again, as
my own biological kids were grown. There went my extensive contempory
hand-blown glass collection in my living room (packed away in the garage)
not to mention raku pieces in my den. As for as my art stuff- do you have a
basement? I converted my basement into my studio, as it remains, and the
spare bedroom, once my studio, is a guest room now. Once it was home for
foster children. Good luck, it's an emotional and time consuming drain, but
in a positive and wonderful way!!! Susan on Long Island

---