Re: Where's your studio?

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 00:50:13 PST

I have a painting studio in an old warehouse with other artists and galleries,
hard to get there during week, so I usually spend Saturdays there. I also have
a workspace/studio in a basement/family room where my computer, school
stacks of "stuff" and files are, an easel set up in the kitchen for when I
get a sudden
inspiration about a painting I'm working on, and a clay studio outside in
the back yard. Sketchbooks all over the house. After putting this in
writing, no wonder I feel so fragmented!

I seldom work at school because of the interruptions. I have lots of my
personal tools and some supplies there for clay that I use in after school
classes.

Judie

>I'm curious as to where you have most of your personal art stuff. At home or
>in your classroom?
>
>I ask this as we received a new foster child last night (18 month old little
>girl) and as we all ready have a foster boy, needed another room. So there
>went my studio space. Had to move everything to school.
>
>I'm not sure I'll like this or not. Will be more convenient, but will have
>to keep it all under lock and key.
>
>How do you all handle this?
>
>TIA.
>Donald Peters