re Miami Hotel

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 19:16:21 PST

I agree. Paying for a hotel a year in advance is
unheard of and I hope this has been worked out. If
anyone for the NAEA can answer to this,please post
amessage for all to view. There must be a
misunderstanding with the hotel policy. As mentioned
most hotels will take your credit card # to hold a
reservation.
I had an interesting situation along this lines with
the New York conference. The Hilton was already full
by the time I booked so I looked on the internet for
reasonable hotels close by. I found a hotel at a
special rate sight and booked it. This was in January
and on my February credit card statement the total
billing for four days appeared, 6 weeks before the
N.Y. conference. I couldn't believe they would do
this. I called the hotel to inquire and complain.
They mentioned that because it was a special rate
prepayment was needed. This was not explained to me
when I made the reservation on the phone nor did it
appear on the internet site. I cancelled the whole
reservation only to learn that they were going to
charge me $50.00 for cancelling. What a scam. So
beware when making reservations from internet discount
sites.
Is it really wise and necessary to book a hotel room
for the conference at this time. How many rooms are
reserved for the NAEA? When will it be too late to
book a room as this year I was not able to book at the
Hilton in time.