Re: sages/ students working at home

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 18:16:08 PST

The steps taken to the end product and the thought process are what I
use to determine my grades. I will allow an almost finished piece to
go home after it has gone through the beginning steps of sketch and
self, peer, and teacher review. Then the final and self, peer, and
teacher review all with a rubic or check list. A student can't do
that outside of class. When the decisions have been made and the
piece is just being "finished" it can go home. I give homework
exercises but I don't allow them to do an end run around the classroom
work. I have to see the studio work as it is being done.

The outcome is a very small part of the grade. If it is done at home
the outcome is all I have to determine a grade.

>From: "Aust ArtClasses" <austart@bryanisd.org>
>Subject: Re: sages
>Date: Sun, Mar 25, 2001, 7:54 PM

> First of all, I would never have allowed the student to take it home. A
> large part of the grading for my students comes from the process, I can't
> grade something I can see being done.

> Jackie

---