Re: Miami hotel

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 17:52:33 PST

MarshArt@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/27/01 9:47:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com writes:
>
> > Is anyone else annoyed that the Fontainbleau Hilton is charging one night
> > > deposit NOW for the conference that it a year away? I have a $230 charge
> > > on my credit card for something I won't utilize for a long time.
> >
> As I understood it, they will put it on your charge one month before the
> convention. To get a refund, you must cancel more that three days prior. I
> believe this is what was told to me.
> Marsha

Oops, Marsh, you've attributed the original message to me--it was
actually Marian who wrote that.

I still think many of you are panicking for no reason. Many hotels
require a credit card number when you make a reservation, which they DO
NOT bill unless you are a no-show and didn't cancel in a reasonable time
period. This practice protects your reservation in case you are delayed
arriving (without it, the hotel might cancel your reservation if you
don't show up by say, 6 p.m., and give the room to someone else). It
also protects the hotel from people who don't show up at all but whose
reservation has tied up a room they could've sold to someone else.

Before we all start making angry phone calls to the hotel or NAEA, why
not wait and see if the deposit actually shows up on your statement?
The hotel is going to be really sick of us before we even show up!

Maggie

---