Re: Kiddie Scissors Poll

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 17:58:27 PST

Stephanie,

I have used the Armada Products for years and I have some of his
scissors that are over 10 years old - still cutting away as nicely as
ever. I prefer some of his larger scissors because the little ones
are too small for middle kids hands. They cut right and left and if I
remember correctly they are a German precision tool company. ( He
brought the product to the US and settled his company in EW in our
back yard - recently moved to Canada I think). I think there were
some of his smallest scissors in the batch I loaned you for your
bookmaking workshop in October.

Given = choice I would buy the Armada because they have lasted so long
and because they feel so comfortable in the hand. Did you try his
other sizes and designs when you were at the booth?

 Fiskars are very good and you can't go wrong.

 You are so lucky to be teaching in a time when there are good quality
materials made for kid use. I remember the crap I had to give my
students to cut with when I first started.