Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: What would you do?

Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 17:05:28 PST

In a message dated 03/27/2001 2:18:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

> I am angry and resentful BUT do love teaching Photography. This town is
> small enough that I do not think I will be able to find another Photo
> teacher job.
> I would love my fellow Art teachers input.... What would you do???
> ---

If they are going to cut your pay then cut your hours and tell them that they
can have photography but with fewer classes. If you take less pay for the
same work then they are getting a bargain. I would work out something or
even get the kids parents who like what you do, help pay to keep you there.
If this is not acceptable, how about suggesting that you teach one less
period of Photo, or give the yearbook to someone else. If nobody else wants
the yearbook then you have some leverage and they might want to keep you with
less classes..

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA