FW: Have you ever heard of this kid's craft?

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 12:16:24 PST

.last night I attended Sam's first grade school play (so cute!) and the
theme was the circus. The music teacher had made these super-simple
costumes! She bought cheap, brightly-colored flannel-back vinyl tablecloths
(stripes, polka-dots) and traced a paper pattern. If you haven't seen this
done, I could sketch it out and mail it to you. Anyway, it was sort of like
an apron without strings. Just a sort of vest-shape with a v-neck hole for
the child's head. After she cut them out, she stapled a piece of elastic to
one side of the costume. The child slips it over their head, then an adult
stretches the elastic around the child's back and fastens the elastic to the
other side, so you have a secure clown vest. Then she cut out and laminated
bright cardboard bow-ties and affixed them to each child's shirt with a
little dab of rubber cement. Paint their little faces and you've got circus
clowns dressed and ready in about ten minutes with that advance prep. You
can get about four or five vests out of one tablecloth, and they wipe clean
to use over and over! :)

---