Re: Where's your studio?

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 11:57:30 PST

 All of my personal art stuff is at home-no storage at school.For years I rented a studio-found one for $75 a month in an old honey factory-but recently built a house and made the top floor my studio-when my kids were little I had to give up painting for awhile and take up fiber work so that I could do it while they were rolling around at my feet,then for awhile had a bedroom in the house so that I worked when they went to bed-then rented and now that they're grown-have this great space--I will say that renting had it's advantages-none of the distractions of home-visitors,phone,etc,It seemed that it was hard to work at school when the kids were little cuz I was needed at home til they went to bed..Good luck..boy this is long..Plus you can't declare any tax expenses for school studio.Barb

  Donald Peters <softsnow@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm curious as to where you have most of your personal art stuff. At home or
in your classroom?

I ask this as we received a new foster child last night (18 month old little
girl) and as we all ready have a foster boy, needed another room. So there
went my studio space. Had to move everything to school.

I'm not sure I'll like this or not. Will be more convenient, but will have
to keep it all under lock and key.

How do you all handle this?

TIA.
Donald Peters