Re: Jackson Pollock

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 18:17:37 PST

Pollack was a student of Thomas Hart Benton and they constantly fought
over Benton's charge that Pollack wasting his talent.

----------
From: ARTNSOUL12@aol.com
<snip>
Interestingly, while in Venice last summer at the Peggy Guggenheim
House
which is now a wonderful museum, I fell in love wth a magnificent
painting.
It was just breathtaking! If I had to catergorize it I would say
Kandinsky-like. Well, you guessed it- a genuine Jackson Pollack- pre-
Jack
the Dripper! I thought to myself- he really was talented! IMO,
Pollock was
a victim of the art critics and the media who made him famous.
Susan on Long Island ---

---